Saturday, March 31, 2012

Delight(full) April

Well tomorrow begins April and I already know it is going to fly by!  We have many fun things planned which I am thrilled to experience.  One of my bucket list items is being checked off this month.  I am going to attend a few days at the Masters golf tournament!  I can't believe it.  If you know anything about my family, you know I have grown up around golf, thanks to my amazing dad.  I learned how to drive a car by driving a golf cart.  Most of my summers were spent driving my golf cart to the pool with friends.  Sounds crazy.  I also LOVE going to the tournaments that come to Oklahoma.  I cannot wait to see the perfectly landscaped scenery and eat the food still priced from the 1970's.  Eeek what a dream come true!

We are also going to a concert in Tulsa starring the Avett Brothers at Brady Theater.  Growing up in Tulsa I never went to any venue at Brady, so I am delighted to finally attend a concert there.  I have heard great things about the experience.

We have recently found the home we will be living in when we move to Tulsa.  We are so excited and feel completely blessed to have found a great place to call home.  Tulsa has changed so much since I lived there 10 years ago!  Many days I have missed cycling or rollerblading on Riverside and picnicking at Woodward Park.  Tulsa also has many restaurants that we want to indulge in.  Our very favorite Mexican food restaurant from Dallas opened in Tulsa within the last year.  TBH (to be honest... haha) Mexican food restaurants were an integral part of our decision-making process on deciding where to go to Med school. Lol.  When I interviewed in Kansas City, we asked around about the where to get the best barbeque in KC.  We landed at Oklahoma Joe's.  And guess what... I recently learned that Tulsa now has Oklahoma Joe's!  I cannot believe it.  We love La Madeleine too, which is opening on Cherry St. soon.  (Can you tell we love to eat?!)

Saying that I graduated from high school ten years ago makes me feel REALLY old.  I cannot believe our reunion is this year!  I think Facebook makes the reunion a little different than it was years ago.  It's SO interesting how much life can change and also stay the same in ten years.  I hope I have time to sit and enjoy some tea/coffee with friends and catch up on their lives.  It is amazing to look back and see how small and significant decisions determine your life path.  What college to attend, what to major in, where to live, roommates, what sorority to chose, what classes to take, etc.  Seeing God's hand at work is mind-boggling at times.  I just have to trust in His hand and strive to keep my decisions honoring Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment