Just a few verses from Proverbs 13 today to get me thinking...
vs 12 Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a desire fulfilled is the tree of life.
--I have seen this verse in full action in many of the lives of my close friends and in my own life. It has related to pregnancy, careers, body image, health, etc. I pray that God grants you your desires according to his will. In my life, He has led me through things that bring me closer to Him. Often times, I can only see that after the fact.
vs 14 The teaching of the wise is a fountain of life
--I hope I never take for granted the counsel of the wise people God has placed in my life.
vs. 7 One pretends to be rich, yet has nothing; another pretends to be poor, yet has great wealth.
--Interesting verse and a unique irony that exists everywhere.
vs. 11 Wealth gained hastily will dwindle, but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
--I think this verse speaks to diligence. Another time in Proverbs I remember a reference to ants. They do not give up and work with endurance. I am struggling with endurance in studying right now. I think about most lottery winners, they had no preparation for the circumstances. I think this idea can relate to things other than monetary wealth.
vs. 20 Whoever walks with the wise becomes wise, but the companion of fools will suffer harm.
No comments:
Post a Comment